Thursday, July 17, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to the Spray Shop blog.

To give you a bit of background information - I am a South African entrepreneur. My first exposure to the Automotive Refinish / Sprayshop environment came through my IT company. We developed a Paintshop Management Systems (PMS) for the South African market for the mixing of automotive toners.

In the course of my work I spent a helluva a lot of time in a variety of different sprayshops watching how they work. I got to see everything from the high end shops that dealt with brands like Porsche and Ferrari, right down to the guy who did touch up jobs out of the boot of his car.

I loved the smell and sights of a bodyshop in action and am adamant I'm going to launch my own shop shortly. The industry as a whole fascinates me and I believe that readers will find it just as intriguing when they see how the industry operates.

The idea behind this Spray Shop blog is to allow me to cover spray shop industry related news and information as well as provide a bit of a meeting place for professionals to share ideas and comments on different toners, suppliers and technology.

No comments: